It is interesting to see the competence dynamics within the biggest information systems players.
- Microsoft has been accumulating cash for the past two decades out of its Windows and Office divisions. This money is being spent now to diversify as organic diversification did not work.
- Google has been accumulating cash from its Ad-words program and now using that cash to expand in all possible random directions.
- Apple stands far from this electronic hysteria by pulling all its cash and depends heavily on its organic innovation and growth.
- Oracle tried the first first of all and then to acquire potential competitors and destroy the acquired target culture (the mySQL case)
- IBM is partially quitting the soft competition and concentrating on almost everything around without pushing itself to the headlines as much
- Red Hat has mades its first billion dollars in sales. What is next? Fight Ubuntu or CentOs?